Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

I don't know if the lack of new blog postings is because my life is not that interesting anymore or if I have no time. Probably a combination of both. Happy Mothers Day to all the moms in our lives. Hope everyone had a good day and was loved and appreciated by their families, more than other days anyways.

I spent Mothers Day travelling home on the ferry from Gabriola with the two boys. BY MYSELF! This was a big event for me. Needless to say, we stayed in the van. Thank goodness for portable DVD players. All in all it was still a good day, spent the morning with my mommy and got to be home with Mike in the evening after being away for a week.

I hadn't thought of necessarily doing a blog for Mothers Day but got the idea from Mieke and Monica's blog. This was the first Mothers Day that Mitchell made something for me at preschool. They actually had an evening event for Mothers Day but we missed it when we were away. Now those of you who know me well know that it took a long time for me to hang drawings and crafty things on my fridge. So when I had this paper bag hanging around for a week from preschool with a Mother's Day craft in it, I could only imagine what was inside. Well to my pleasant surprise they made a really cute garden stone and cute little card. Mitchell was so proud to give it to me and the opening of the gift was followed by a "lovefest" of "I love you thiiiiiisss much" and "you're the best mommy". There's a warm fuzzy Mothers Day for you.

So here I want to share with you my best Mothers Day so far. Able to spend it with my two healthy boys and my mother too. Lots of love to all.

3 comments:

Mieke said...

What a beautiful garden display Nathalie. The poem touched my heart. And the picture is so cute. I see a little bit of mama in Nathan as well. Happy Mothers day to you too. Love you all , big kiss for the boys.

The Blommesteins said...

That's an awesome mother's day. I can't wait for those 'lovefests' too. For now lots of smiles will do. Love the picture of the boys.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being on the island Lie with the boys, we had a great time and on the mothersdaynote: YOU ARE A VERY GREAT MOM TO THOSE BOYS, I know it is not always easy, but just wait there is more to come. But then like you said, I love you sooooo much and see the look in Mitchell eyes makes up for all the naughty things. It was a wonderful time. I love you very much on mothetrsday and every other day of the year!
Forever you Mom